Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. ~World Health Organization, 1948. The establishment of healthy communities is crucial to promoting a higher quality of life in West Virginia.
As stated in its vision, the Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon is committed to programs that promote healthy lives in our communities through education and support for those individuals seeking assistance in making “healthy choices”.
Those programs and services may include but are not limited to:
- Diabetes Management and Treatment Programs
- Prenatal Services for Low Income, Uninsured, and Underinsured Women
- Oral Health and Hygiene Education Programs
- Transportation and Access to Healthcare Services
- Production and Distribution of Healthy Food to those in Need
- Community Exercise and Physical Activity Programs