The Healthy Communities Initiative provides support to health-focused nonprofits for the continuation or enhancement of existing projects, as well as the development of new project offerings. It currently is accepting applications. You can view the Request for Proposal here. The technical assistance webinar is available here.
If your organization is experiencing unexpected challenges related to the COVID-19 crisis, please contact Laura Boone, Senior Program Officer, at 304-397-5955 ext. 103, or Susan Aloi, Health Program Officer, at 304-397-5955 ext. 104, to discuss whether the Foundation can assist you in addressing your needs.
For 2020, the Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon has reorganized its prior grantmaking initiatives under the Healthy Communities Initiative. The focus and funding levels for the Initiative will be similar to previous years, however, a Letter of Inquiry will no longer be required.
The Healthy Communities Initiative is a one-stage application process that consists of submitting the full application. Applicants may request funding up to $25,000. Key dates for the cycle include:
|Request for Proposal Issued||March 1, 2020|
|Proposal Submission Deadline||April 30, 2020 (Extended)|
|Funding Decision Announcement||June 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Grant Agreements & Funding Awards||June 30, 2020|
|Grant Performance Period||July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021|
A potential applicant should review the Criteria section to ensure that your organization meets the Foundation’s basic eligibility requirements. Additionally, a potential applicant should review the Healthy Communities and Core Priorities Focus Areas to ensure your proposed project is appropriately aligned with at least one of our Focus Areas. If you have questions about your project, you may contact Laura Boone, Senior Program Officer, at 304-397-5955 ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Aloi, Health Program Officer, at 304-397-5955 ext. 104 or email@example.com.
Grant Application Guidelines
All Healthy Communities Initiative applications must be submitted through the Foundation’s grant management system. An application submitted through any other format will not be accepted. To begin the process, click here to establish an Organization Account or login to your existing account. For questions about using the grant management system, applicants should contact Janell Ray, Executive Director, at 304.397.5955 ext. 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information will be requested on the grant application:
Grant Application Information:
- Organization’s full name, address, phone number, and email address
- Contact name, address, phone number, and email address
- Brief description of the organization’s history and mission
- Organization’s tax-exempt status verification
- Brief summary of the organization’s accomplishments and ability to successfully execute the project
- Description of the issue or challenge the project will address
- Definition of the population the project will target
- Desired goals for the project and how the accomplishment of those goals will be measured
- Timeline for achieving the project goals
- Supporting facts and data for project
- Compatibility of the proposed project with the Foundation’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Focus Areas
- Short bios of key staff who will be involved with the project
Grant Funding Request, Financial Information, and Other Supporting Data:
- Total cost of project, including amount request from PFB and other funding sources
- Amount of funding request with project budget
- Other funders of the project including community support and in-kind donations
- Current year financial statements
- Description of how the project will be sustained when grant funding ends
- Audit reports, if conducted
The Foundation’s Board of Directors and staff will review the application for project approval and funding level and notify each applicant of the decision.