The Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon views health as a whole-person issue involving an individual’s behavioral, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual health. Additionally, we recognize that our lives are increasingly challenged by the realities of the world in which we live. These challenges can lead to lifestyle conditions that threaten the healthy balance of life for our communities.
In response to these challenges, we believe educational and community-based programs will yield better health outcomes if they are designed with a broad view of what impacts a person’s health. Our Foundation supports health and wellness programs and services in our communities that address a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Access to Health Care, including Transportation
- Chronic Disease Management
- Domestic Violence and Homeless Assistance
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Older Adult Services
- Oral Health
- Prenatal and Early Childhood Services
- Substance Use Disorder
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
Learn more about our Healthy Communities Initiative.