Health status and related health behaviors are determined by influences at multiple levels: personal, environmental, organizational/institutional, and policy. – Healthy People 2020
The Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon views health as a whole person issue involving an individual’s behavioral, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual health. Because of these interrelationships, we believe educational and community-based programs will yield better health outcomes if they are designed with a broad view of what impacts a person’s health.
In addition to our Core Priorities of Food Insecurity, Substance Use Disorder, and Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation, our Foundation supports Health and Wellness programs, Capacity Building projects, and Spiritual & Pastoral Care services in our communities. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Access to Health Care, including Transportation
- Chronic Disease Management
- Domestic Violence and Homeless Assistance
- Hardware and Software Enhancements
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Older Adult Services
- Oral Health
- Prenatal and Early Childhood Services
- Staff Training and Development
Learn more about our Healthy Communities Initiative.